7.24.2012

Grant Morrison Leaving Action Comics And Batman Incorporated To Focus On Other Works

In a recent interview with Comic Book Resources, Grant Morrison revealed that he is going to step away from any superhero work for the forseeable future. Morrison explains,

"I'm coming to the end of long runs and stories I've had planned in my notebooks for years and the stuff I'm developing now is quite different.

The "Action Comics" run concludes with issue #16, "Batman Incorporated" wraps up my take with issue #12, and after that I don't have any plans for monthly superhero books for a while. "Multiversity" is eight issues and I'm 30-odd pages into a Wonder Woman project but those are finite stories.

I'm not saying that I'll never write superheroes again. It's just that my relationship to them has changed especially after finishing the book and I'm not sure if I want to maintain the same kind of relentless level of production."

Morrison will take his time away from superheroes to focus on his upcoming Image series, Happy!, his four-issue series with Darick Robertson.

There has not yet been any announcement from DC Entertainment as to who will be taking over the writing duties from Morrison on either book.

No comments:

Post a Comment